Theater Arts In the Classroom
For PreK through 8th Grade
In residencies with our partner schools, we blend theater arts with customized curriculums that tie in ELA and the Common Core. Our goal is to support teachers by providing indelible and exciting frameworks for academic material as well as offer kids with an opportunity to stretch themselves artistically.
– Activate student voice, and consider perspectives.
– Inspire a new way to unpack and explore curriculum.
– Create opportunities for self-expression that promote confidence and collaboration.
– Harness Social Emotional Learning through exercises and games.
In a meeting with Jocelyn Greene, Executive Director of Child’s Play NY, administrators share the academic and SEL goals for the partnership. Based on this conversation, we design a customized theater-arts program aligned with the curriculum and to support the needs of the school.
Past programs include:
– PreK: Light & Shadows; Transportation
– Kindergarten: My School & Community; Bridges; Animals
– 1st: Families & Ancestry; Changemakers; Rainforest
– 2nd: New York City; Farms; Fairy Tales & Folktales
– 3rd: Global Geography; Ancient China Study; Poetry
– 4th: Native Americans in New York; Revolutionary War; Community Activism
– 5th: Inventions; Natural Resources in Canada; Mesoamerica
– 6th-8th: Greek Mythology; Student Life Reflections; Shakespeare
Contact us to bring this residency to your school.