Updated monthly in accordance with state and local guidelines.
To keep our community as safe as possible during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we expect our fall classes and students to adhere to the following safety measures.
In the event of a positive test case in class, programming will move online and continue as scheduled through the duration of the quarantine period.
As local COVID-19 policies change between now and the start of our semester, our plans and policies may change. Updates will be posted here and communicated to enrolled families.
All class sales are final and we will not be able to accommodate any refunds.
Please contact us with any questions you may have!
– Students will be dropped off and picked up outside the studio. Guardians who are dropping off or picking students up will remain socially distanced and masked.
– Doors will open at the scheduled class start time, so please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early.
– Families will be asked to complete a screening form prior to each class about symptoms and potential exposures. Students will not be allowed in class without having completed the assessment. Child’s Play NY administration will have to text you a reminder to complete the form if we do not receive it by 10a on the class day. We appreciate your consideration.
– Masks, covering the nose and mouth, will be worn at all times by students and teachers.
– Child’s Play NY staff is fully vaccinated, and will wear masks to model behavior for students.
– Students 12+ are required to show proof of vaccination before joining class. Students who turn 12 during the semester should keep us updated on their vaccine cycle.
– Social distancing measures will be implemented to the best of our ability.
– Upon arrival, students and teachers will wash hands. Additionally, Child’s Play NY will provide hand sanitizer.
– Our space is equipped with air filtration systems, as well as fans to circulate the air.
– Temperatures will be taken as children enter the building, via a touchless thermometer. Students with a temperature higher than 100.4 will not be permitted to attend class.
– Production classes will be capped at 12 students.
– If your child is displaying two or more COVID-19 symptoms, keep them home and they will be asked to show a negative test before they return to class the next week.
– If during class, your child feels at all unwell, you will be called immediately to pick them up.
– Families will be expected to notify us immediately if their child has any symptoms or close contact with anyone who has tested positive.
– If a Child’s Play NY teacher or a child tests positive, Child’s Play NY will immediately notify state and health departments and cooperate with contact tracing effort, including notifying potential contacts. This includes families of the children who had close contact with the individual, while maintaining confidentiality required by state and federal law and regulations.